Welcome to the Harrison County Law Enforcement Training Academy. We are full-service training academy offering basic certification and advanced courses in communications, corrections and law enforcement. The academy is a collaborative partnership between the Harrison County Sheriff’s Office, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College and Mississippi Air National Guard.
Located at 1400 Leggett Dr. Biloxi, Ms 39530, the Academy represents a vision of then-Sheriff (later U.S. Congressman) Larkin I. Smith, who, in the 1980’s, saw a specific need for a law enforcement training facility on the Gulf Coast. We are proud to carry on the mission of truly visionary law enforcement leader.
Instructors come from the law enforcement and corrections community, many with advanced college degrees. Our instructor pool is comprised of practitioners; ensuring attendees receive real, practical training.
Our basic classes comply with curriculum mandated by the Mississippi Department of Public Safety, Office of Standards and Training. In addition, we offer advanced in-service programs to meet ongoing needs of law enforcement agencies. If your agency has a specific training need, please feel free to contact the Academy at 228-435-3165.
The academy offers basic training for Mississippi state certification in corrections and law enforcement. The academy operates under the authority of the Mississippi Department of Public Safety Office of Standards and Training, and is approved to conduct residential and non-residential training.
Upcoming Basic Classes:
- April 4, 2014 – Pre P/T
- April 18, 2014 – Pre P/T
- April 27, 2014 – Class Report
- July 11, 2014 – Graduation
- August 8, 2014 – Pre P/T 8:00am
- August 22, 2014 – Pre P/T 8:00am
- August 31, 2014 – Class Report
- November 14, 2014 – Graduation
- December 5, 2014 – Pre P/T 8:00am
- December 19, 2014 – Pre P/T 8:00am
- January 4, 2015 – Class Reports
- March 20, 2015 – Graduation
- October 6th – 21st, 2014
- December 1st – 16th, 2014
Part-Time (Reserve) Law Enforcement Officer
- January 23 – May 09
- TASER X26/X26P & X2 Instructor Certification Course - October 15 – 16, 2014
Register Online at www.taser.com
Location: MGCCC AMTC Campus, 10298 Express Dr Gulfport 39503
Call Academy at 228-435-3165 for general questions.
- Survival Spanish for Law Enforcement - November 17 – 21, 2014
- Calibre Press Street Survival Seminar - January 15 – 16, 2015
The academy is located at 1400 Leggett Drive Biloxi MS 39530. Telephone 228-435-3165